SITE IN (RE)CONSTRUCTION
OUR LATEST JOB OPPORTUNITIES
OPPORTUNITY Sport Business Talent is working closely with EPCR (European Professional Club Rugby) to recruit their future Digital Growth Manager for a position based in Lausanne (Switzerland).
BACKGROUND European Professional Club Rugby (EPCR) is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Marketeer to play an integral role in the development and success of its ambitious, long-term Digital Growth strategy. The organization is currently following an aggressive roadmap, building a new digital infrastructure, with the goal of enhancing the rugby experience for our current and future audiences. The purpose of this role is to develop and execute multi-channel marketing strategies, working closely with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to develop and implement owned and operated user journeys that promote our competitions and elevate our brand. The ideal candidate should have a strong track record of driving first-party data acquisition initiatives in the sports industry and a deep understanding of digital marketing and MarTech solutions. We don’t need you to love rugby (yet!) if you’re new to the sport – we are looking for knowledge, enthusiasm and the right ‘can do’ attitude to identify smart solutions that help grow our brand and product.
The chosen candidate will report to the Digital & Content Marketing Manager, as a member of EPCR’s Marketing and Commercial team.
JOB INFORMATION Department: Marketing and Commercial Employment type: Full-time Start date: For discussion Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage the relationship with EPCR’s Digital Growth agency partner (and other external vendors and agencies as needed) - specific focus on website analysis, enhancement and maintenance
- Define and implement first party data acquisition methods – monitor touchpoints/channels andensure our product positioning and messaging is clear and accurate
- Utilise internal tools to monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of data and content ledcampaigns and initiatives (e.g. website, owned social channels, email)
- Collaborate with cross-functional (internal and external) teams, including Digital, Content, Brand,Email and Communications to ensure consistent messaging and alignment of marketing efforts
- Facilitate collaboration and efficiencies between marketing technologies and digital infrastructure
- Manage marketing budgets, timelines and KPI’s
- Support the creation and implementation of engaging and seamless consumer journeys across allowned and operated platforms i.e. Social, Email, Web
- Collaborate with the Commercial department to define the value of commercial assets and helpdeliver commercial campaigns for EPCR’s various sponsors
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- English (business level proficiency), proficiency in French is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a related field is preferred
- Demonstratable experience in digital and content marketing in the Sports industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to leverage insights to drive marketingdecisions
- Experience in communicating and managing third party agencies in the development and delivery ofcomplex marketing solutions
- Experience and understanding of above and below the line campaigns, data analysis, digitalmarketing channels, social media and marketing technology solutions
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelinessimultaneously
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance considerations in the sports industry.
Opportunity OverviewSport Business Talent is working closely with Europe Active to recruit their future CEO (Chief Executive Officer) for a position based in Brussels (Belgium). EuropeActive represents a thriving sector that generates over EUR 28 billion in annual revenues, encompassing more than 63,380 facilities serving over 61 million customers across Europe. Their unwavering mission is to promote the interests of all organizations that work towards getting more people, more active, and more often, stimulating the value of the market in the process. They achieve this through collaboration with EU institutions, national associations, fitness operators, suppliers, and dedicated front-line professionals, along with organizing an increasing number of Europe-wide events that serve to stimulate positivity and progress across the market. This work is underpinned by an increasingly powerful research and content strategy that serves to inform the sector and educate stakeholders as to its value and impact. Since its establishment in 1996 as a non-profit organization, Europe Active has evolved into the singular and authoritative voice advocating for the European fitness and physical activity sector to key EU institutions.
What does Europe Active Do?Influence Policy and Advocacy: We take a proactive approach in closely monitoring EU policies and legislation. Our primary objective is to represent the interests of our members and stakeholders to major EU institutions, including the OECD and WHO, as well as other civil society organizations. Knowledge and Insight: EuropeActive facilitates and provides strong support for market and scientific research through ThinkActive and the European Data Hub. The primary aim is to enhance the quality of knowledge and evidence concerning the fitness and physical activity sector. The research findings are shared through comprehensive reports, keeping our members, EU policymakers, and other civil society organizations well-informed about crucial events and issues impacting the sector. Unparalleled Networking: EuropeActive firmly believes in the transformative potential of education, knowledge sharing, and networking to foster improved business practices and entrepreneurship within the sector. To support our members and stakeholders, we organize a variety of exclusive industry events including the European Health & Fitness Forum (EHFF), Active Leadership Forum (ALF), International Standards Meeting (ISM), Exercise for Health Summit (EfHS), and the General Assembly. Champion Best Practice: We are committed to actively supporting the development and implementation of industry standards. We aim to enhance professionalism, growth, competitiveness, and efficiency within our sector through ongoing standardization for: ♦ Educators: are supported by the Professional Standards Committee (PSC), an independent body responsible for strategic thinking in the development of EuropeActive’s educational standards to ensure that they are fit for purpose and up to date. The PSC also oversees the accreditation of training providers with reference to the standards. ♦ Fitness Professionals through EREPS - the European Register of Exercise Professionals, a fully independent register of instructors, trainers and teachers working in the European fitness and physical activity sector. ♦ Clubs through FitCert, the European fitness club certification scheme based on the new European standards EN17229. In this scheme, fitness clubs are assessed against the criteria of the standards to show that they conform to good practices for their operations and management. The system has been developed so clubs can independently demonstrate that they have high customer service standards and provide a safe and appropriate environment for its users. Through these measures, we aim to improve our reputation and trust with consumers through enhanced safety measures and higher professionalism.
Mission and Vision?EuropeActive’s mission is to promote the interests of all organizations that work towards getting more people, more active, more often. Our Vision is to be the leading European voice for the fitness and physical activity sector.
Job Summary and Objective:As EuropeActive’s CEO, you are responsible for guiding the organization towards achieving its mission and vision by executing the key initiatives set forth in our strategic plan. The CEO will oversee all aspects of the association's operations, including strategic planning, financial management, advocacy, and member services. This role requires a strong understanding of the fitness industry, excellent leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities:Strategic Leadership: ♦ Execute the association's strategic plan in alignment with its mission and vision. ♦ Identify emerging trends and opportunities in the fitness sector and provide guidance to the association's members, councils and partners. ♦ Foster innovation and continuous improvement and connection within the association and the industry. Financial Management: ♦ Develop and manage the association's annual budget, ensuring financial stability and sustainability ♦ Oversee fundraising efforts, including cultivating relationships with our key members, funders, and sponsors. ♦ Ensure transparency and accountability in financial reporting and compliance with relevant regulations. Advocacy and Representation: ♦ Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for the association, promoting the interests of the fitness and physical activity sector to government entities, regulatory bodies, and the public. ♦ Build relationships and collaborate with industry stakeholders, including fitness professionals, businesses, and government agencies. ♦ Stay informed about legislative and regulatory developments that may impact the fitness and physical activity sector and take appropriate action to influence policies. ♦Play a leading role in the nurturing of a network of national associations that seek to carry forward this mission at the national level Member Services and Stakeholder Engagement: ♦ Develop and implement programs and services that provide value to association members, such as professional development opportunities, networking events, and resources, focused on increasing the value provided by the organization to its members. ♦ Capitalize on this value provided to members by growing revenue generated through member contributions and sponsorship activities ♦ Foster a strong sense of community and engagement among association members, encouraging collaboration and knowledge sharing. ♦ Address member inquiries, concerns, and needs effectively and in a timely manner. Organizational Management:- ♦ Responsible for leading and developing the core Europe Active team and network of Ambassadors ♦ Recruit, develop, and retain a high-performing team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and inclusivity. ♦ Provide guidance and support to association staff, ensuring their professional growth and job satisfaction. ♦ Oversee the implementation of operational policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Qualifications:♦ A true European with significant experience in an international/European senior leadership role with strong commercial proven success. ♦ Strong leadership and team management skills, with a collaborative, coaching, and inclusive approach. ♦ Knowledge – or willingness to acquire- of the fitness and physical activity sector, including trends, challenges, and opportunities. Affinity with the sector, active sportsperson ♦ Demonstrated ability to develop and implement/execute strategic plans and drive organizational growth. ♦ Results orientated with laser-beam focus ♦ Excellent communicator, Fluent in spoken and written English; additional European languages are an asset ♦ Good public speaking skills, with the ability to represent the association effectively. ♦ Empathic and culturally sensitive with diplomatic style, with good understanding of cultural dynamics across Europe ♦ Experience with modern marketing and Social Media strategies ♦ Strong financial management skills, including budgeting and fundraising. ♦ Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders, including members/partners, industry leaders, and government officials. A strong networker. ♦ Experience in advocacy and policy influencing is a plus ♦ Events management experience would be very useful ♦ Must have a strong personal interest in health & fitness/sports ♦ Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the association and the fitness industry
Work Location and Travel Requirements♦ Work Flexibility: This position offers the occasional flexibility of remote work with 1-2 days per week office days for on-site meetings and team collaboration. ♦ Proximity Expectations: We prefer candidates who reside within a reasonable commuting distance from our Brussels Headquarters- Av. des Arts 43, 1040 Brussels ♦ This role involves frequent travel across Europe with approximately 30% of the time traveling to events, partners, and key stakeholder meetings.
|Job Category||Top Management|
Overview of the opportunity:Sport Business Talent is currently working with a Chinese e-bike company to recruit a: General Manager Germany / Business Development Director:
Responsibilities:♦ Go to market strategy: Formulate product/marketing/branding/channel strategy in different European countries, report to HQ market observations and analysis; ♦ Business Development: Establish and improve the distribution network, develop key accounts, and maintain good relationships with business partners; ♦ Management: Recruit and manage local BD and Sales team, track B2B sales target and control budget, evaluate the performance of team members; ♦ Coordination: Coordinate teamwork between local company and HQ, as well as DTC and B2B sales, acquire marketing resources and opportunities; ♦ Other: organization of exhibition activities; local logistics and after-sales management, etc.
Requirements:♦ Batchelor’s degree, preferably with a background in marketing/branding/business management; ♦ Fluent in English, and conversational Chinese ♦ 10 years or more of European BD/Sales/Marketing experience, preferred in the bike/e-bike or other sporting goods industry, good relationship with distributors and channels; ♦ Good understanding of local markets and culture, good cross-cultural communication, the ability of global coordination and work across time zone. ♦ Good work ethics, willing to business travel routinely, responsible for the sales target achievement; ♦ Love cycling, interested in smart technologies and hardware innovations, and embracing an environment-friendly lifestyle.
|Job Category||Top Management|
Overview of the opportunity:Sport Business Talent is working with one of the major Italian football clubs and one of the best in the world, to recruit their future: Head of Global Sales / Head of Partnership Sales.
Head of Global Sales / Head of Global Partnership Sales
Job purposeThe Head of Global Sales is responsible for overseeing the Global Sales team activities, ensuring the development and execution of the Club's global sales strategy focused on premier global partnerships. He/She will be responsible for prospecting, pursuing, acquiring, and developing new brand partnerships for the Club, including market third-party rights events, related to rightsholder premises and meeting the partnership sales forecasts. The role is expected to support the Sales Director in leading and structuring a team to maximize commercial revenues in coming years and implement the club' methodology, product development, and market sales approach.
Duties and responsibilities:♦ Develop the Club’s global commercial partnership strategy – ensuring to reflect and support the growth ambitions of the Club and its stakeholders ♦ In coordination with the Club's top management, drive the sale process of the Club main B2B assets, i.e. front/back jersey sponsorships, and structure, negotiate and close new global partnership deals identifying and assessing key revenue drivers and risks related to any new potential transaction ♦ Coordinate with other members of the sales team to develop effective strategies for reaching target audiences ♦ Monitor competitor's activity in order to identify new business opportunities ♦ Develop and maintain key strategic relationships at a C-suite level among potential commercial partners and, broadly speaking, amongst key decision-makers in the industry ♦ Ensure brand values and behaviors associated with the Club are central to all commercial deals ♦ Work in partnership with dedicated internal staff to build compelling business cases and presentation decks ♦ Provide regular updates at internal meetings showcasing activity and pipeline development, the business closed, and share any insight for new opportunities ♦ Manage a team of sales professionals ensuring to deliver against a predetermined plan in line with the Club strategy; make sure the Salesforce platform dedicated to global prospects is kept up to date by the team.
Qualifications:♦ At least 10 years of experience in the sports business, in sales, marketing, or business development, with a successful track record of premium partnership deals ♦ Highly familiar with the sports and/or football industry with a deep knowledge of sponsorship sales, assets evaluation, ROI measurement, international markets, digital media ♦ Important network with key decision-makers within international brands, based out of Italy, and ability to strengthen it, building strong and reliable relationships ♦ Outstanding sales communication, presentation, and negotiation skills ♦ Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills ♦ Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative, and manage own time effectively ♦ Results-driven with strong analytical skills ♦ Ability to generate new leads and manage a team in respect of the target and its priorities
♦ Highly motivated team player, with strong leadership skills and the ability to deal at all levels of the organization managing multiple projects simultaneously ♦ English full proficiency and a good working knowledge of Italian are both mandatory ♦ Able to travel up to 50% of the time ♦ Degree in Business Administration with a focus on marketing or bachelor's degree in Sports with a focus on sports management/marketing
Working Conditions♦ The job requires the broadest availability, including during weekends; also, it requires traveling worldwide and working outdoors (e.g. away matches) as well as with challenging internal and external stakeholders.
|Job Category||Marketing, Sponsorship, Top Management|
Sport Business Talent is working with OBS ( Olympic Broadcast Services) to recruit a: Data Engineering Lead
Environment: Olympics.com is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events, and highlights, Olympics.com provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages. Olympics.com was launched in August 2016 as "Olympic Channel" in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans, and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting Olympics.com are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota, and Alibaba. Olympics.com is available worldwide at olympics.com, its mobile apps, and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and the Roku platform. Job Description We are looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join the Olympics Digital Data & Analytics team.
- You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sports, and Media. We support Olympics.com, which during Olympic games is the world’s biggest digital sports property, as well as the Olympics app and @olympics social media. Currently, we are gearing up for the Olympic Games of Paris 2024 and Milano-Corna 2026.
- This role would suit a strong data engineer who wants to evolve into a data engineering leader
- If you have a solid technical background and an objective to build leadership skills we would love to hear from you!
- Our data infrastructure is almost entirely built on AWS serverless components and focused on infrastructure as code, near-real me, and low/no code solutions where possible.
- We continuously evolve to provide the most effective solutions in a high volume high availability environment.
- In this role, you will be a key leader of our data engineering work. You will take responsibility for leading the approach on all new components as well as the continuous evolution of our current components. The emphasis is on guiding our partner development teams, with occasional hands-on coding as a means to achieve this objective.
- Design and delivery leadership components that meet requirements from across the Digital Olympics Contribute to the overall data infrastructure architecture, including understanding opportunities and feasibility of adopting new cloud components
- Review existing implementations to identify opportunities to optimize performance or reduce cost Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve issues and identify improvements
- Lead partner code reviews to ensure the quality of components built.
- Help to define, measure and monitor smart and realistic technical Service Level Agreements (eg availability, update latency, incident resolution) as a means to align expectations between users and partners. Coordinate the approval of roles and permissions to sensitive production systems
- Have daily stand-ups with the Data engineering service
- Discuss technical approach for future projects
- Monitor the evolution of current data engineering projects (like the evolution of our Data Lake, cost reduction strategy for cloud costs, etc)
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis to prevent future issues
- 8+ years of relevant/professional experience related is required
- At least 5 years of experience developing data-related software.
- Experience with Cloud environments is expected, especially in a serverless environment.
- Ideally, AWS but other cloud experience is also appreciated. Proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive business progress
- Familiarity with Machine Learning is appreciated
- Experience guiding and executing cross-functional data engineering projects to completion, while remaining hands-on.
- Ability to design and develop software integrations between applications using common technologies (eg HTTP, REST, JSON)
- Familiar with Cloud Security concepts
- Being familiar with GDPR is appreciated
- Experience working with external vendors to deliver projects.
- Fluent in oral and written English, comparable to C1 proficiency
Workplace & Environment
- Fast-paced International work environment
- Based in Madrid, with a flexible 30% working-from-home allowance (subject to updates of the policy)
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks
Sport Business Talent travaille en collaboration avec la LFP ( Ligue de Football Professionnel) pour lui recruter un ” Chargé de Développement Partenariats / Sponsorship Sales Executive” pour intégrer la Direction des Partenariats et du Réseau International de la filiale commerciale de la LFP.
La Filiale LFP 1 est la filiale commerciale de la LFP en charge de maximiser tous les revenus générés par les compétitions organisées par la LFP (Ligue 1 Uber Eats, Ligue 2 BKT, e-Ligue 1 Uber Eats, Trophée des Champions) : droits audiovisuels domestiques, droits audiovisuels internationaux, droits sponsoring et licensing et droits digitaux (NFT, Metaverse…). Elle en assure aussi la promotion en France et à l’international. La Direction des Partenariats et du Réseau International est en charge du développement des revenus sponsoring & licensing en France et à l’international. Missions : Le (La) Chargé(e) de Développement Partenariats aura pour mission d’accompagner le Responsable Développement Partenariats, auquel il (elle) sera attaché(e), dans la prospection et la signature de nouveaux partenaires des compétitions organisées par la LFP. Ses missions seront les suivantes :
- Comprendre et maîtriser l’ensemble des droits à commercialiser issus des compétitions et événements organisés par la LFP et sa filiale
- Effectuer de la prospection commerciale sur des secteurs et auprès de marques identifiées en collaboration avec le pôle Marketing de l’Offre et Business Performance
- Développer des relations privilégiées avec les interlocuteurs clés des prospects
- Comprendre les enjeux et objectifs des marques afin d’apporter les meilleures réponses possibles en collaboration avec le pôle Marketing de l’Offre et Business Performance
- Négocier les contreparties marketing et financières avec le prospect
- Contractualiser pour transformer le prospect en client en s’appuyant sur les équipes juridiques de la filiale de la LFP
- Développer un réseau de licenciés à forte valeur ajoutée en termes financier et/ou de développement de la marque Ligue 1 Uber Eats et des compétitions, notamment esport
- Formation : Bac+ 4/5 École de Commerce ou équivalence universitaire
- 3-4 années d’expérience dans le domaine commercial et/ou le marketing sportif
- Capacité à convaincre et à influencer ses interlocuteurs
- Compréhension des enjeux marketing des marques et maîtrise des outils digitaux et de communication
- Capacité d’analyse et de synthèse
- Parfaite maîtrise de l’anglais
- Résilience et capacité à s’inscrire dans des cycles de vente longs
- Sens du résultat
- Investi(e), autonome, prise d’initiative et force de proposition ;
- Curieux et intérêt pour la presse économique
- Capacité à travailler en équipe
- Connaissance du milieu du sport et des enjeux économiques
|Job Category||Marketing, Sponsorship|
Sport Business Talent is working for a fast-growing Chinese E-Bike Brand to recruit: a General Manager / VP of Europe to expand his business in Europe. Position title: Head of EU Market / GM Europe / VP Europe Responsibilities:
- Go to market: Formulate product/marketing/branding/channel strategy in different European countries, report to HQ market observations and analysis.
- Business Development: Establish and improve the distribution network, develop key accounts, and maintain good relationships with business partners
- Management: Recruit and manage local BD and Sales team, track B2B sales target and control budget, evaluate the performance of team members
- Coordination: Coordinate teamwork between the local company and HQ, as well as DTC and B2B sales, acquire marketing resources and opportunities;
- Other: organization of exhibition activities; local logistics and after-sales management etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a background in marketing/branding/business management;
- Fluent in English, and conversational Chinese
- 10 years or more of European BD/Sales/Marketing experience, preferred in the bike/e-bike or other sporting goods industry, good relationship with distributors and channels
- Good understanding of local markets and culture, good cross-cultural communication, ability ofglobal coordination and work across time zone;
- Good work ethics, willing to business travel routinely, responsible for the sales target achievement
- Love cycling, interested in smart technologies and hardware innovations, embrace environment- friendly lifestyle.
|Job Category||Top Management|