Sport Business Talent is working with UTMB to recruit their future Asia Key Account Manager.
The person we are recruiting will have the flexibility to be based wherever he wants across the Asian region.
Who we are?
UTMB Group is the global leader in the organization of trail running events. Based in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc in the French Alps, UTMB Group launched the UTMB® World Series in partnership with The IRONMAN Group in 2022. The UTMB® World Series became the number one trail running series in the world, bringing together from 2022 about 41 (to grow) leading international events to give all trail runners the chance to experience the UTMB® adventure across the globe.
Who are we looking for?
UTMB® Group is seeking to appoint an entrepreneurial-minded, Mandarin-speaker UTMB Asia Key Account Manager with an international profile and proven experience in International Sport Business Management and development in Asia.
Your mission and key responsibilities
As a UTMB Asia Key Account Manager, you will report directly to UTMB International Director. Your mission will articulate around the following objectives
1/ Key Account Management of UTMB World Series Franchises in Asia
UTMB Group manages a set of Franchised events in Asia (so far: China, Thailand, and South Korea) that require day-to-day coordination. Your mission will include, but will not be limited to :
- Managing day-to-day relations with our Asian Franchised events and hosts
- Being the key contact at UTMB Group for Asian Franchised events’ representatives
- Helping Asian Franchised events deliver state-of-the-art and premium trail-running events that comply to UTMB World Series guidelines and recommendations
- Coordinating multiple (internal and external) stakeholders in a challenging and highly multicultural environment
2/ Support to Business Development in China
- Your mission will be to contribute actively to the growth of the UTMB World Series in China (and more punctually in Thailand and South Korea), by supporting the UTMB Asia Director in identifying and generating opportunities to add new UTMB World Series events in those countries
- Asia (China or Hong Kong, China would be ideal)
- The UTMB Asia Key Account Manager will be required to travel frequently across Asia (UTMB World Series events,
other events, business meetings...). He/She may also take part in meetings in France, Chamonix to coordinate with UTMB® Group team members and during strategic occasions (UTMB® Mont-Blanc week, key meetings etc.).
Profile & skills
- Minimum +5 years experience in the sports business and outdoor sports events industry, or in the management of franchises or clients in adjacent industries; understanding of trail running principles and values preferred
- Solid credentials and references confirming the above
- Multilingual – perfect English and good Mandarin are a must, other additional languages preferred
- A deep understanding of Asian culture, and its specific features in different countries
- A desire and the availability for extensive travel across Asia
- Ability to adapt to multinational and multicultural challenges
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude in building relationships with professionals at all organizational levels
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to perform both analytical and strategic-oriented mindsets and activities
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Computer skills, including advanced use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Budget management
- Excellent presentation drafting
What we offer?
- A passionate and fast-growing company offering challenges and career opportunity!
- Remote work possible
- But also a benefits package calculated according to the profile, a meal ticket card, and promotional offers thanks to our partners UTMB World Series & Dacia UTMB Mont-Blanc
- A thirteen-month (including in the package)
- Company pension plus 21 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays.