Posted 6 days ago
Sport Business Talent is working with one of the major Italian football clubs and one of the best in the world, to recruit their future: Head of Global Sales / Head of Partnership Sales.
Head of Global Sales / Head of Global Partnership Sales
Job purpose The Head of Global Sales is responsible for overseeing the Global Sales team activities, ensuring the development and execution of the Club's global sales strategy focused on premier global partnerships. He/She will be responsible for prospecting, pursuing, acquiring, and developing new brand partnerships for the Club, including market third-party rights events, related to rightsholder premises and meeting the partnership sales forecasts. The role is expected to support the Sales Director in leading and structuring a team to maximize commercial revenues in coming years and implement the club' methodology, product development, and market sales approach. Duties and responsibilities
- Develop the Club’s global commercial partnership strategy – ensuring to reflect and support the growth ambitions of the Club and its stakeholders
- In coordination with the Club's top management, drive the sale process of the Club main B2B assets, i.e. front/back jersey sponsorships, and structure, negotiate and close new global partnership deals identifying and assessing key revenue drivers and risks related to any new potential transaction
- Coordinate with other members of the sales team to develop effective strategies for reaching target audiences
- Monitor competitor's activity in order to identify new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain key strategic relationships at a C-suite level among potential commercial partners and, broadly speaking, amongst key decision-makers in the industry
- Ensure brand values and behaviors associated with the Club are central to all commercial deals
- Work in partnership with dedicated internal staff to build compelling business cases and presentation decks
- Provide regular updates at internal meetings showcasing activity and pipeline development, the business closed, and share any insight for new opportunities
- Manage a team of sales professionals ensuring to deliver against a predetermined plan in line with the Club strategy; make sure the Salesforce platform dedicated to global prospects is kept up to date by the team.
- At least 10 years of experience in the sports business, in sales, marketing, or business development, with a successful track record of premium partnership deals
- Highly familiar with the sports and/or football industry with a deep knowledge of sponsorship sales, assets evaluation, ROI measurement, international markets, digital media
- Important network with key decision-makers within international brands, based out of Italy, and ability to strengthen it, building strong and reliable relationships
- Outstanding sales communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative, and manage own time effectively
- Results-driven with strong analytical skills
- Ability to generate new leads and manage a team in respect of the target and its priorities
- Highly motivated team player, with strong leadership skills and the ability to deal at all levels of the organization managing multiple projects simultaneously
- English full proficiency and a good working knowledge of Italian are both mandatory
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Degree in Business Administration with a focus on marketing or bachelor's degree in Sports with a focus on sports management/marketing
- The job requires the broadest availability, including during weekends; also, it requires traveling worldwide and working outdoors (e.g. away matches) as well as with challenging internal and external stakeholders.
|Job Category||Marketing, Sponsorship, Top Management|
Sport Business Talent is working with one of...
Sport Business Talent is working with OBS ( Olympic Broadcast Services) to recruit a: Data Engineering Lead
Environment: Olympics.com is a multi-platform global media destination where fans can discover, engage and share in the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Offering original programming, news, live sports events, and highlights, Olympics.com provides additional exposure for sports and athletes 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in 12 languages. Olympics.com was launched in August 2016 as "Olympic Channel" in support of the IOC’s goal, set out in Olympic Agenda 2020, of providing a new way to engage younger generations, fans, and new audiences with the Olympic Movement. Founding Partners supporting Olympics.com are Worldwide TOP Partners Bridgestone, Toyota, and Alibaba. Olympics.com is available worldwide at olympics.com, its mobile apps, and on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and the Roku platform. Job Description We are looking for a Data Engineering Lead to join the Olympics Digital Data & Analytics team.
- You will have the opportunity to work at the intersection of Data, Sports, and Media. We support Olympics.com, which during Olympic games is the world’s biggest digital sports property, as well as the Olympics app and @olympics social media. Currently, we are gearing up for the Olympic Games of Paris 2024 and Milano-Corna 2026.
- This role would suit a strong data engineer who wants to evolve into a data engineering leader
- If you have a solid technical background and an objective to build leadership skills we would love to hear from you!
- Our data infrastructure is almost entirely built on AWS serverless components and focused on infrastructure as code, near-real me, and low/no code solutions where possible.
- We continuously evolve to provide the most effective solutions in a high volume high availability environment.
- In this role, you will be a key leader of our data engineering work. You will take responsibility for leading the approach on all new components as well as the continuous evolution of our current components. The emphasis is on guiding our partner development teams, with occasional hands-on coding as a means to achieve this objective.
- Design and delivery leadership components that meet requirements from across the Digital Olympics Contribute to the overall data infrastructure architecture, including understanding opportunities and feasibility of adopting new cloud components
- Review existing implementations to identify opportunities to optimize performance or reduce cost Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve issues and identify improvements
- Lead partner code reviews to ensure the quality of components built.
- Help to define, measure and monitor smart and realistic technical Service Level Agreements (eg availability, update latency, incident resolution) as a means to align expectations between users and partners. Coordinate the approval of roles and permissions to sensitive production systems
- Have daily stand-ups with the Data engineering service
- Discuss technical approach for future projects
- Monitor the evolution of current data engineering projects (like the evolution of our Data Lake, cost reduction strategy for cloud costs, etc)
- Troubleshoot data issues and perform root cause analysis to prevent future issues
- 8+ years of relevant/professional experience related is required
- At least 5 years of experience developing data-related software.
- Experience with Cloud environments is expected, especially in a serverless environment.
- Ideally, AWS but other cloud experience is also appreciated. Proven track record of leveraging massive amounts of data to drive business progress
- Familiarity with Machine Learning is appreciated
- Experience guiding and executing cross-functional data engineering projects to completion, while remaining hands-on.
- Ability to design and develop software integrations between applications using common technologies (eg HTTP, REST, JSON)
- Familiar with Cloud Security concepts
- Being familiar with GDPR is appreciated
- Experience working with external vendors to deliver projects.
- Fluent in oral and written English, comparable to C1 proficiency
Workplace & Environment
- Fast-paced International work environment
- Based in Madrid, with a flexible 30% working-from-home allowance (subject to updates of the policy)
- Subject to national/international criminal background checks
Sport Business Talent is working with OBS (...